This is the perfect pastry for your perfect breakfast. It is very easy and quick to make so you won’t spend a lot of time in the kitchen. You can make this breakfast in the morning, while the others are getting ready for work or school.
And the best thing about this pastry recipe is that you need just a few ingredients. We bet that you already have these ingredients in your fridge. And the most time-saving tip in this recipe is: do not your own dough. Get a store-bought puff pastry. They are really good. So let’s get cooking and enjoy this wonderful breakfast recipe.
What you gonna need:
- 1 sheet puff pastry, defrosted and cut into 4 squares (my squares were about 4″)
- 1/3 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
How to make them:
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lay puff pastry squares out on the parchment, leaving an inch or so of space between each one. Place a small oven-safe baking dish in the center of each puff dough square.
- Bake it with the ramekin weights for 6-7 minutes until the puff dough has puffed up around the edges of each ramekin but not yet begun to brown.
- Remove the tray from oven and remove ramekins. You should be left with a nice indent in each puff pastry piece – this is where the egg will go!
- Sprinkle a bit of shredded cheddar cheese over each puff pastry square, then crack one egg into the indent of each square.
- Return tray to the oven for another 12-14 minutes until eggs have set and puff pastry has lightly browned. (If you like your eggs well done, you may need to extend the cooking time).
- Top baked eggs with salt, pepper, a dusting of parmesan cheese, and a sprinkle of fresh parsley. Serve immediately.