When you are in a mood for a dessert and you don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen, this recipe is the perfect one for you. It is very easy and quick to make because we are using store bought pastry sheets. It is light and tasty, ideal for the hot summer days.
- Crumble the pastry sheets and set them aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, oil, yoghurt and baking powder and mix it well. Add the lemon zest and mix it again. Add the crumbled pastry sheets in the batter and pour the cake mixture in a baking pan.
- Bake the pie in a preheated oven at 150˚C for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a sauce pan combine sugar and water and bring it to boil on a medium heat. When it starts boiling, take the pan off the heat and add the juice of 2 lemons. Let it cool down.
- Pour the sugar syrup all over the pie and let it rest for 2-3 hours. Slice and serve it chilled.
400g pastry sheets
1 cup oil
1 cup sugar
1 cup yoghurt