Remember the times when you were a little child? Remember all those visits to your granny’s house? We bet she was always cooking something for you not to be hungry at any moment. All those smells in her kitchen and the whole house were just divine. From roasted vegetables to fried or baked pastry and all those stews.
The ingredients in the old kitchens were just mesmerizing. They used to have all those spices that we are not really introduced to. And fresh vegetables were part of every single meal. When there was a recipe with cheese, the cheese is always in large quantities. So the dish can be cheesy and full of flavors. This pastry recipe is full of fresh veggies and a lot of cheese. And when we say a lot of cheese, we mean a loooot. And don’t worry. You won’t spent a lot of time in the kitchen. Because we are going to use store-bought puff pastry for the tart.
What you gonna need:
- 1 individual reduced-fat puff pastry
- 170 g potato, desires, peeled, raw, unpeeled, very thinly sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 60 g Bega Country Light Cheese, 50% Less Fat, Tasty Cheddar, Grated, (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, coarsely chopped
- half a cup rocket leaves, (baby)
How to do it:
- Preheat oven to 220°C or 200°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place dough on the prepared tray. Using a knife, score (cut) a 1cm border around the edge (don’t cut all the way through). Prick pastry within the border with a fork.
- Place potatoes and oil in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over pastry. Arrange potato, slightly overlapping, within the border. Top with onion and rosemary. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 25 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden, the potato is tender and cheese has melted. Top with the rocket to serve.